The B-series pickup trucks were sold from 1948 to 1953.
Like Ford, Dodge’s first all-new post-WWII vehicle was a truck. Dubbed the B-Series, the new pickup design was very clean, with a more squared-off profile than its competition. Along with Studebaker, Dodge began the trend of integrating the front fenders as a whole concise component of the truck in lieu of just hanging them off the side.
Dodge carried this general design though to 1951, at which point the company enacted a light restyling centered primarily on a new double bar grille theme. These “Job Rated” pickups continued with only modest trim tweaks through 1953. While not as zippy as Ford’s or Chevy’s truck offerings, the rock-solid durability and economy of Chrysler’s flathead sixes—which were in all Dodge pickups of this era—made the B-Series a popular work rig.